Weebly is an extremely popular and incredibly user friendly website builder.
It provides a simple drag-and-drop system, giving its users detailed control over the content of their web pages. Building websites with Weebly requires no knowledge of coding, as elements like images, slideshows and maps can all be quickly dragged and dropped anywhere on a page before being modified.
Weebly is no newbie to the website builder scene either. Founded in 2007, Weebly powers over 20 million websites, making it one of the industry’s leaders.
Plus, Weebly offers a completely free plan, so you can build a website without spending a penny.
Weebly’s biggest selling point, is its incredibly simple drag-and-drop page builder. In fact, Weebly might just be the easiest drag-and-drop website builder to use, period.
Paghe elements like images, text boxes, maps are all elegantly presented, and they aren’t alone either. Formatting options like columns, dividers and buttons are all part of the drag-and-drop system too. This allows a user to not only build Weebly pages easily, but also to exercise some creativity at the same time.
Weebly also offers mobile-view page editing, eCommerce features, blogging features, reporting, a healthy theme selection, and much more.
Weebly Price Plans
Weebly has a free plan for those who don’t wish to branch out too much, as well as three premium plans. Compared to other website builders on the market, Weebly offers three very reasonable premium deals. Here they all are:
- Starter: $3.29 per month
- Pro: $6.53 per month
- Business: $19.64 per month
Although those prices are excellent, it’s worth noting that they only start at these prices when you opt for two year plans. When you select one year or six month plans, the fees rise.
But still, when compared with, Wix who start their premium plans at $4.15, Yola who begin from $4.17, Squarespace who start off at $8, and LightCMS who begin at $19, Weebly comes out looking cheap and very cheerful.
Who is Weebly For?
Weebly is arguably the most simple website builder on the market. For that reason, Weebly is the perfect solution for first time website builders.
Also, Weebly is ideal for those who love a visual experience.
Text boxes, slideshows, buttons and everything just slots in to place wherever you drop it, in a very satisfying way. So, as well as being easy to use, the Weebly interface actually makes it quite fun to build a website.
Weebly Pros and Cons
Want a quick overview of Weebly? Here are the highs and lows:
- Weebly’s drag-and-drop system works seamlessly, enabling anybody to try their hand at web design.
- The simplicity of Weebly is enough to make you fall in love with it. Plus, it’s a piece of cake to use, even for website building newbies.
- Weebly has hundreds of good looking, free themes that can be easily customized.
- Being able to view and edit your site via Weebly’s Mobile View is an extremely useful feature.
- Weebly’s ecommerce, blogging and forum options are great examples of the website builder’s flexibility.
- Built-in Site Stats are always a welcome feature, and Weebly has it.
- When compared to competitors like Squarespace and Wix, Weebly’s prices are very reasonable.
- Weebly’s ecommerce solution is slightly under-developed, offering just two payment options and no order managing functionality.
- Blogging is an option, but I wouldn’t say Weebly is a great blogging tool.
- Along with a long list of restrictions, users of the free Weebly plan are only entitled to half of their Google Adsense earnings. Free users ill also have to put up with having Weebly’s logo on their website’s footer.
When it comes to being cost-effective and user-friendly, Weebly is the champion of website builders.
With simple drag-and-drop page building, a mobile editor, a modern user interface and a range of templates, Weebly is ideal for somebody looking to build their first ever website.
On the other hand, Weebly doesn’t impress when it comes to the depth of its blogging and eCommerce features, and probably isn’t the best option for those looking to create enterprise-level websites. Yet, it’s a brilliant tool for general website purposes, delivered for an unbeatable price.