Buckle up… because in this detailed Bluehost review, we’re going to be uncovering why we think Bluehost is one of the best shared hosts out there and a big contender for VPS, cloud and dedicated hosting too.
If you’re sick and tired of reading dozens of Bluehost reviews and you’re at the point of frustration. Don’t you worry!
We’ve got everything you need on this page to make a firm decision in whether you should sign up for BH or maybe even try another host. Strap yourself in and let’s get to it!
–> VISIT BLUEHOST NOW <–
Bluehost Review Summary
One of the OG’s in the game. Bluehost has been around for several years now and has changed a lot throughout that time. Their support has gotten much better, load times are super fast and the technology is right up there with the leading hosts.
So why are we not not as thrilled with BH as we are with say SiteGround? Well, because they do some things very well and other things… ahem, not so well. Yes the support is very good and the setup process is pretty much seamless.
Having said that, BH just don’t give you that extra feel fuzzy and warm inside feeling. When you sign up, you feel as though it’s a budget host. No frills, not a lot of extras, just straight to the point shared hosting.
If you’re the type of person that just wants to get straight to the point and bypass any nonsense, then maybe BH are the best hosts for you.
–> VISIT BLUEHOST NOW <–
- SimpleScripts 1-click app installs for popular third party scripts and apps like WordPress, Drupal, Joomla and Magento to name a few.
- $150 credit in AdWords voucher when you grab a new account – PRETTY AMAZING.
- 24/7 support, both phone and live chat. Email too, but it’s much slower.
- Cloud, VPS, CMS and dedicated hosting available, so you can scale up pretty quickly as your site or business grows.
- Unlimited disk storage and domain hosting (Plus package and beyond, not the basic package).
Compared to other top budget hosts, for what you get with Bluehost, it’s a really good deal. So if money is one of your main concerns, then you should consider them.
There are four packages available, all much cheaper if you pay per year as opposed to per month.
- Basic: $2.95
- Plus: $5.45
- Prime: $5.45
- Pro: $13.95 (the best for serious hosters)
- Cloud: Starting at $6.95
- VPS: Starting at $19.99
- Dedicated: $79.99
The pros [The good stuff]
- Pro package – Their pro package offers EVERYTHING you could possibly want or need as a serious hoster. You can scale quickly, it comes with a dedicated IP address, SSL certificate, domain privacy and 1-click backups.
- Setting up a new account – Super simple setup process and takes less than 5 minutes (yes, that fast).
- Dedicated support staff – Very friendly and knowledgeable support that are there for you when you need them.
- Bluehost coupon – There are several offers throughout the year as well as a 30-day money back guarantee, so you’re not tied into a contract which is awesome.
The cons [The bad stuff]
- Slow support at times – Live chat support CAN be slow at times which is a little annoying.
- Control panel is… meh – Their UI (control panel) can be confusing at times, it could be simplified in our opinion.
- Focused at individuals – Definitely targeted towards small site or blog owners. It’s not recommended that you host here if you’re a growing start-up or medium to large business.
Bluehost review: The bottom line
Are BH worth it? In our opinion… yes they are. BUT, only if you are an individual looking to either change hosts or you’re just starting out.
If you’re an existing business or you have a site with a lot of traffic, then consider looking at more dedicated expert hosts.
Overall, Bluehost web hosting is great and they clearly care about their customers. But remember that budget hosting has its limits, so make sure you’re clear on what you want before signing up.